26 Jan Why should you buy your kitchen from an Independent Retailer
After learning the sad news that Silkwood Kitchens another fellow independent kitchen retailer has unfortunately had to close their business it got us all thinking about the current economic climate and how thankful we are for our clients continued support and recommendations.
Managing Director Andy Ward started working in the kitchen industry over 40 years ago, then working for Flairline Furniture and working his way up to become one of the Directors. Flairline was also a family run business offering high quality bespoke kitchens and bedrooms. It was with great sadness when we heard the news that Flairline Furniture like Silkwood Kitchens had also closed the doors.
As a fairly small family run business we are often asked how we differ to the bigger kitchen companies and there are many benefits from buying your kitchen from an independent retailer:
- Personal Service – At Kitchen Ergonomics no kitchen is the same and every client has different needs and wants. We listen to what the clients require whilst designing their dream kitchen.
- Bespoke Product – We offer a bespoke product to our clients meaning we can offer a lot more then our ‘high street' competitors. We always advise our clients to look closely to the quality of the product. The high street household names may appear to look great on the outside but if you take a closer look on the inside you aren't always getting what you paid for.
- Bespoke Service – As well as a bespoke product we also offer a bespoke service meaning we can be involved with as much or as little as you like.
- Project Managed – Our kitchens are project managed from start to finish and you will always be able to speak to someone on the phone for advice.
- Competitive Rates – Despite what some people may think we offer competitive rates. Our kitchens are of highest quality and at affordable prices.
- Good relationships with our suppliers – Behind the scenes we are always working with our suppliers. It is imperative that we build and continue to work with our suppliers. Second Nature Kitchens, Burbidge Kitchens, Neff, Miele, Siemens and many other big household names are businesses that we have great relationships with meaning we can continue to offer those competitive rates.
- Free Kitchen Design Service – We offer a free kitchen design service, our designers will happily visit you at your home or alternatively you can visit us at our kitchen showroom. If you would like to book your free design service please click here.
- High Quality Workmanship – Our kitchen fitters and other trades involved all take such pride in their work. They work extremely hard and offer the highest quality service.
- Client for Life – Our clients are so important to us and we want to ensure they are happy throughout there dealings with Kitchen Ergonomics and also once we have finished fitting their kitchen.
- Staff Training – We believe in always encouraging our employees to attend any training that may be able to increase their already fantastic knowledge of the kitchen and bedroom industry. It is important to stay on trend with the current kitchen designs that are available.
The uncertainty and lack of confidence in our current climate has affected the sale of luxury items. Luckily at Kitchen Ergonomics we have over the past 16 years built up a large client base who, thankfully are still recommending us, keeping us busy and allowing us to keep growing. In fact last Saturday we took 14 new enquiries, 12 of which were recommendation. Kitchen Ergonomics doesn't take loyalty for granted and will always approach every project with the view to delivering over and above each individual clients expectations.
Kitchen Ergonomics have immense gratitude to not only the loyalty and positivity of our clients, but also our committed staff and special relationships we have with all our long established suppliers.
We want to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone for your continued support and to family and friends for always standing by us and showing their loyalty over the years.